I would like to make a couple of announcements to everyone who frequents this site:
1. I will be taking over the role of moderator here for the foreseeable future. As the level of participation increases, I hope to find others suitable to run the place.
2. Although I will monitor the forums, I will rarely participate in any of the discussions. I don't know what it is like to be a partner of an incest survivor.
3. I encourage all partners to begin participating more. If everyone waits for someone else to start, this place will remain the way it is. New members should introduce themselves and existing members should welcome them. It is only by supporting each other that an online community can develop.
4. Coming here with the sole purpose of getting answers to your questions will most likely not elicit a strong response. I would like to see a give and take atmosphere emerge instead of forums full of unanswered questions.
5. You are the ones seeking support, not your significant others. Therefore, you are having a problem--make no mistake about it. By choosing to be with a survivor of covert incest, you are inheriting the problems yourself. Just because you are not a survivor doesn't mean it is separate from you.